How to Export Office 365 to PST File – Quick Solution
Are you looking for a perfect way to Export Office 365 to PST? Your answer is yes, so here we share with you a straightforward way to move the office 365 mailbox to PST file format.
Office 365 is the best server and the popular brand name “Microsoft”. Using Microsoft’s Office 365 service, users can download their mailboxes from any device at any time. It makes it different from other applications because of its advanced and immense features. But for a few reasons, users want to export their Office 365 mailbox data to Outlook PST format. It is kind of like making a local backup of Office 365 data that can be used in other mail client applications, such as Outlook.
Moreover, Microsoft does not provide a straightforward way to convert Office 365 data into PST format for use as an Office 365 backup file.
In the next paragraphs, I will explain two methods to back up your office mailbox data and export PST format. We also know the reasons and benefits of it.
So let’s start the topic.
Why do users need to export office 365 to PST?
- The most common excuse for exporting an Office 365 mailbox to a PST file is that Office 365 does not include a backup feature, so users must convert their mail data to a PST file to restore their mailbox data.
- Secretly hacked Office 365 admin account.
- Accidental deletion of O365 account items.
- Having the ability to export Office 365 mailboxes to a PST file allows the user to store and work on their office archive mailboxes on their local hard drive.
When a user or administrator of an organization needs to avoid or overcome the situations listed above, exporting data from Office 365 into PST is an excellent option.<?
We have two options to export Office 365 to PST. The procedures are lengthy and complicated, and they require the use of technical knowledge to complete them.
- SysKare Office 365 Email backup Tool to solve your all problem with just a single click on the download button.
- Use the eDiscovery process to Export office 365 to PST
A Professional way to Export Office 365 Mailboxes data into Outlook PST
The best option is to export Office 365 to PST using third-party tools to make a backup of your Office 365 mailbox. Let’s take a look at the advantages of this tool:
- This tool allows to export from office 365 mailboxes to multiple file formats such as PST, MSG, MBOX, PDF, EML, EMLX, and so on with attachments without file size limitations.
- It allows you to export your entire Office 365 mailbox into a PST file, including attachments, tasks, notes, and your address book, among others.
- It provides a variety of file naming options to allow users to organize their exported emails logically.
- The Software work with all windows versions including, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, Windows Server 2008, 2012, etc.
- Office 365 mailboxes can be exported into PST with the help of advanced data filters, which are available as an additional feature of the tool.
How it works for the utility to move Office to PST format
- Enter your Microsoft 365 account login credentials and click the Login button after the installation is complete.
- Secondly, select the mailbox files which you want to export into PST format.
- Thirdly, select Filter options to arrange your emails according to the Data range, From, To, and subject fields.
- Then, Select Saving file option PST from the drop-down menu.
- You can change language as per need.
- Now, finally, click on the backup button to begin the conversion process.
- Finally, the export Office 365 mailboxes to PST process will end with a successful conversion message.
Manually Export Office 365 online to PST using the eDiscovery process.
Microsoft offers eDiscovery through the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center. This software is not designed for export. It searches for serious discussions in Exchange Online Mailboxes, Share Point, Office 365 Groups, etc. This data is also used as evidence in court.
- Firstly, log in office 365 account and go to the Microsoft Admin center.
- Press on the Security & compliance icon >> Permissions option and drag to eDiscovery manager.
Only the eDiscovery Manager Role group has full rights to eDiscovery’s features.
- Now, select eDiscovery from the drop-down menu and click on Edit to include the role group.
- Case Management, Compliance Search, Export, Hold, Preview, Review, and RMS Decrypt are assigned to the role group.
- If the Export role group is missing, press the Edit role group option.
- The Role is appointed, go to the Search & investigation option and choose the content search option.
- After that, press on the New search option, this option is available in the latest version of the eDiscovery content search.
- Click on Add conditions to make the office 365 search process is easy and accurate as per need.
- Chose Specific locations and modify, for exporting office 365 to PST.
- Now, select emails or mailboxes from the user’s group.
- By selecting the Public folder option, you can also export mailbox data from SharePoint.
- The search option contains multiple other options like equal any of and many more.
If you want to export all outlook mailboxes data to PST. You don’t need to add any conditions or keywords; keep clicking the Save and run button.
- The content search will begin in the background before you click the Save icon.
- To export O365 mailbox data to PST, return to your saved searches and select the Folder name. You can track the progress of your search by using the more menu and selecting the Export option.
- Now, from the Export Result window, choose any Output option that meets your needs.
- After that, click the Export button to save your settings.
- When the export task is finalized, click Download Result to download the content search result.
- The exported search result will be saved to Azure Storage.
- In the detailed pane, download the export link from Export result to a computer.
- Make a note of the Export key.
- Now, in the Export PST Export window, simply click the result button.
- When you press on the download result, you will be redirected to the Microsoft eDiscovery Export Tool installation page.
- Paste the Export key after downloading the export tool.
- Now, navigate to the location where you want to save the content search and click the Start tap to begin the process of exporting the Office 365 to PST.
Users face some errors while exporting Office 365 to PST via the eDiscovery Process
If eDiscovery is not set up correctly, the following errors may occur:
- The Application cannot be started error.
- In Office 365 Online, you are unable to access the eDiscovery PST Export Tool from the administration console.
- The eDiscovery PST Export Tool is stuck at the calculation error stage.
In the above blog, we have discussed the manual and automatic techniques to export Office 365 to PST. As we’ve mentioned, manual techniques have certain errors. As a result, using eDiscovery is a time-consuming and difficult task. Moreover, if you want a quick way to convert Office 365 emails into PST files on your local system, you can use the automated method.