How to Export Names .NSF to CSV File?
IBM Lotus Notes is a popular email platform used by large corporations. To store important contact details, Lotus Notes email client’s users require to export lotus notes contacts to CSV file. View all contacts in a single email application, users must export names .nsf to CSV file. To convert Lotus Notes to CSV file format for many purposes, please read that article. We will explain the finest methods to the users in this section.
Reasons to Export Names .nsf to CSV File
Taking a look at a user’s circumstance may help you understand the problem more generally before moving on to the solutions.
“I am employed for a global corporation. I’ve got a large amount of Lotus Notes data, and I need to recover contacts from it. Throughout work hours, I manually stored contacts, however at home, I use Gmail. In light of this scenario, I opted to export lotus notes contacts to the CSV file and then restore the saved CSV file into the Gmail application. Please provide me with a solution that export names .nsf to CSV file in a short amount of time.”
We may say that business customers are very demanding about this convert NSF database to CSV procedure. It’s because, after the conversion, users may easily import NSF contacts into Apple Numbers, LibreOffice Calc, Gmail, Outlook, etc.
How to Export names .nsf to CSV file
In this paragraph, I will show you the two ways to export the NSF database to a CSV file. All steps are given below one by one:
- Manual Method to export lotus notes contacts to CSV file
- Automatic Solution to export names .nsf to CSV file
Syskare NSF file converter is one of the best and most preferred solutions to export names .nsf to CSV files. With this tool users may easily export lotus notes contacts to CSV files, not even this, it may convert the NSF file into several types of file formats. this tool is popular because it has advanced and sophisticated features.
Why this Automatic Solution
- The utility converts NSF contacts and calendars well. This tool may export NSF contacts to vCard, as well as Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, and Yahoo! contacts. Users may also export NSF calendars to ICS without losing any information.
- This utility just changes the NSF mailbox. Simple NSF to email, contacts, and calendar conversion. You may decide to move the default folder or subfolders. Original file metadata, attachments, and layout are preserved.
- This software may convert NSF files into multiple file formats and applications such as PST, PDF, MBOX, EML, TXT, HTML, DOC, ICS, CSV Windows live mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, and other email applications.
- This tool is capable to export names .nsf files into CSV files in bulk without any restrictions.
- The tool allows for selected conversion. Select data elements like mail, calendars, contacts, and tasks using sophisticated filters. The user may choose the type and export the names .nsf to files. To convert things, just mark and uncheck the NSF files.
How to Utilize this Tool
- Download and install the tool.
- Press on the Next icon.
- Now if you have DBX files then click on the select file option to choose a file or if you have all DBX files in one folder then choose the “select folder” option and click on the Next button.
- Now specify the files and folders that you want to convert and press on the Next icon to continue.
- Press on the “select saving option” and choose Thunderbird from the list.
- Now browse the location where you want to save the converted file.
- And click on the Convert icon to start the procedure.
- When your procedure will complete you will get a confirmation message.
- In the end, you will get a mbox file without any extension on the selected location.
Import Converted File into Thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird application.
- Right-click on the left sidebar.
- And choose the ImportExportTool NG option.
- And click on “import MBOX file”.
- Click on the “Import directly one or more mbox files” option and ok.
- Browse the location where files are saved and ok.
- Your converted file will show you under the labels.
Manual Method to Export Lotus Notes Contacts to CSV File
Important Note: These manual techniques have some limitations and restrictions. Therefore, before using these techniques, read all the limitations carefully. Use these methods at your own risk.
- Firstly, Start the IBM Notes application and go to the appropriate NSF file.
- Now press on more (from the right-side menu bar) and choose “export contacts” from the drop-down.
- Select the contacts to export, select the options that are needed, and add or change the storing location and file name.
- Choose “CSV (comma-separated value)” as a saving type and press on the “Export” icon.
- Now your selected contacts are saved on the selected location as a CSV file.
- It will require a lot of time to complete.
Manual Limitations and Restrictions
When it comes to manual methods, certain restrictions necessitate the need for consumers to turn to a third-party service for assistance. The same is true in this instance, where users may encounter difficulties while using the manual approach.
- Modifications to the formatting.
- Take up a significant amount of time
- There is a loss of the original data.
- Users may not export multiple data at one time.
Here in this article above we discussed that how to export names .nsf to CSV files by using manual and automatic solutions. Manual methods are not simple and easy as seems. Because it has some limitations as mentioned above. And also there is the best tool to convert NSF files to CSV files easily and without any restrictions.
In conclusion, using both a manual and a professional converter, we demonstrated the whole process. Every technique and restriction is included, thus there is nothing to be confused about. In this case, use the technique that meets your needs. Thanks for reading and I hope you found it useful.