Export Gmail Emails to CSV File Format – Two Methods
How Do I Export Gmail Emails to a CSV File? This appears to be a very simple process, but I have no idea how to complete it. So, in this article, we’ll go over how to export messages to a CSV file.
In contrast to other file formats, the CSV file format is a straightforward format for storing tables, like that found in spreadsheets or databases. It is also simple to open CSV files with paid and open sources software such as MS Excel, OpenOffice Numerical methods, LibreOffice, and others. In this tutorial, we’ll look at how to export Gmail emails to a CSV file.
One of the most widely used email clients, The most people use Gmail. Google offers 15 GB of free storage space, which is shared by all apps. Whenever the emails increases in size, it begins to consume the major part of the available space. When a user uses all apps, such as Images, Drive, Notes, and so on, the available space for additional emails decreases.
We’ll show you how to get through your Gmail emails by exporting them to CSV. CSV is a table-based file format for saving data in a spreadsheet. The Spreadsheet program in the Microsoft Office Programs can open a CSV file.
Approach 1:- Export Emails from Gmail to CSV with Professional Tool
Syskare Gmail Email backup tool is the strongest tool for saved Gmail emails to CSV. This tool easily transfer data from more than 30+ file formats without encountering any difficulties or restrictions. This software offers the most sophisticated features and is the finest in its class. Examine the software’s capabilities in more detail now
Capabilities of the software
- This software is able of importing data from a variety of file formats, including PDF, MSG, EML, EMLX, HTML, Lotus Notes, Zimbra, Office 365, Yahoo, Amazon, Workmail, and other similar formats.
- The utility enables users to back up Gmail emails that contain attachments to their computer.
- This software is compatible with all versions of the Windows operating system, including Windows 10.
- You can download emails from a variety of Gmail accounts at the same time.
How to use the tool
- Download and lunch the software on your system.
- After that, enter your Email address or password.
- Check the Batch Mode option and then hit the login button.
- Then, select the files which you can convert into CSV format.
- Next, Click on filter options, you can arrange the file with a Date range, From, To, Subject.
- Select CSV file format from the drop-down menu.
- After clicking the change button you can change the destination path.
- Press the backup button.
- After few minutes, the software show you a message of conversion complete.
Approach 2:- Export Gmail Emails to CSV – Manual Method
Through its IMAP features, and Gmail account can be supported by Microsoft Outlook. If you use Outlook, You may export your emails to a Spreadsheet file that contains the messages easily.The entire procedure is shown here.
- Start Outlook and go to the File tab in the menu bar.
- Secondly, click on the “Open & Export”, after that select the Import/Export option.
- Then, choose the “Export to a file” option, and click on the Next button.
- After selecting “CSV” as such location option, click Next.
- Choose the “Inbox folder” from the drop-down menu, then click on the Next option.
- Select the CSV file’s destination using the Browse button. Then press the Next button.
- The software will provide you the action it will take (Export “E-Mail messages” from folder: Inbox) in the final step. After that, click the Finish button.
If the user only needs to transfer a small amount of data, this method is beneficial. The Manual process of converting many emails is a difficult and time-consuming operation. As a result, this procedure isn’t recommended for large-scale conversions. In addition, if you don’t want to do it manually, you can use a third-party tool to transfer Gmail emails to a CSV format quickly and easily.
Here in this post, we will explain how to export Gmail emails to CSV format utilizing both manual and professional methods. Manual techniques have certain limitations, as we explained, so please use them with caution unless you have a good reason to utilize one of the tools listed above. The utility may be downloaded by clicking on the download icon.