How to Remove VBA Macros from Excel Workbook?
If you are also, one of them who are looking for a way to Remove VBA macros from Excel workbook including XLSX, XLSM, XLS, XLT, XLA files. Then you are on the right page.
In this write-up, I will show you one of the best and easiest techniques to delete VBA macros from Excel using manual and professional solutions.
Macros are an Excellent tool for automating actions that are performed repeatedly. They speed up the process of getting things done in this manner, however, there are situations in which you may wish to delete the macros from a workbook.
Deleting macros that are no longer necessary is one solid example of a practice that is often recommended. Your list of macros will be shorter as a result. Therefore, it will be simpler for you to see the macros that you really need.
In addition to that, Remove VBA macros from Excel helps to reduce the file size of your workbook to a minimum and improves the performance.
Manual Methods to Delete VBA Macros from Excel Workbook
Here we will show you two techniques for Excel VBA remove macros from workbook. In the first method, we will delete the complete macros from the workbook. And in the second method, we will remove the specific macros from the worksheet. All the methods and steps are given below:
Method 1: Remove all Macros from the Excel workbook
- Open the Excel file on your device to Remove VBA macros from Excel.
- And then, press the “File” tab.
- After that, choose the “Save a Copy” option from the list.
- Now hit the browse button to save the file.
- Now select the .xlsm from the “Save As Type” dropdown.
- Lastly, click on the “Save” icon and then a prompt will appear, click on the “Yes” icon to Remove VBA macros from Excel.
Now, as your file is completely macro-free. Now we will show a technique to delete specific macros from the Excel workbook.
Method 2: Delete Specific Macros from Excel Worksheet
Preparations: If your developer tab is not visible, then follow the given steps:
- Open the Excel file on your machine.
- Now click on the “File” >> “Options” >> “Customize Ribbon” options.
- And then enable the “Developer” tab from the list.
Now follow the steps to Remove VBA macros from Excel.
- After opening the Excel file, hit the “Developer” tab from the ribbons.
- Now choose the “Macros” icon.
- Now a window will show on the screen and select “This Workbook” from the list.
- After that, select the required macro, which you want to delete.
- Next, press the “Delete” icon to Remove VBA macros from Excel.
Manual methods are so simple, but as usual, they have some limitations and restrictions, which we can’t ignore. Users will face some limits like, there is a need for technical knowledge. Also, its time taking and lengthy process. These manual methods cannot support corrupted and damaged Excel VBA project files.
Don’t worry, we have a direct and professional solution, which helps users to delete VBA macros from Excel workbook.
The Safest Solution to Remove VBA Macros from Excel
Syskare VBA Macro Remover is one of the best and safest solutions for Excel VBA to remove macros from workbook. The software creates with advanced and unique algorithms, which help users to remove macro from locked VBA project files. Also, the software supports all the Excel VBA project files XLSX, XLSM, XLS, XLT, and XLA files. some of the amazing features of this solution are mentioned below:
Superior Features and Capabilities of the Software
- The software supports all the VBA project files including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Solidworks, and other Microsoft applications.
- Also, the software can easily delete multiple macros from the multiple Excel workbook without any hassle to delete VBA macros from Excel.
- The tool shows complete files and folders on the screen, so users can easily remove the macros from the selected VBA project files.
- There are dual options available “Select Files” and “Select Folder” options to upload single and multiple Excel VBA project files.
- Our software has the power to detect whether the Excel workbook is locked or not. Also, there are options to remove the password from the Excel workbook.
How to Remove VBA Macros from Excel Workbook?
- Download and run the software on your machine.
- After that, upload the Excel VBA project files using the given options.
- Now, the software will scan all the files and data.
- Next, select the required files from the appearing list to Remove VBA macros from Excel.
- And then select the required options from the list like Remove VBA Code or Password, and Save VBA Code as Text Files.
- Now browse the saving location to save the file.
- Lastly, click on the “Save Document” button, and then you will get the confirmation message.
Time to Say Goodbye
Above we explained how can we Remove VBA macros from Excel workbook using manual and professional techniques. As we all know manual methods are free, but they always have some limits. That is mentioned above. So, we mentioned the safest way to delete VBA macros from Excel VBA project files, which have amazing features. So, download the software now, and use the demo version for free.