How to Download Attachment From Multiple Gmail Emails
There are indeed many attachments in the Gmail email that are important. In case if you wonder how to download attachments from Gmail emails, then your search will stop here.
Unfortunately, no direct approach can extract only attachments from your Gmail account on your local PC. However, some other ways help you save attachments along with mail body on the designated location in your system. Today, we are going to discuss all of them.
Top 2 Methods to Download Attachments From Multiple Gmail Emails
Fortunately, there are two approaches through which you can save a copy of your Gmail email along with its attachment on your local system. Let’s discuss both of them in detail.
Method 1 – Use of Google Takeout to Download Gmail Email Attachment
Google Takeout is an innovative platform used to retrieve data from several Google products. It is entirely free. Importantly, it would be the best fit if you want to save a few emails. Because, in case of a large amount of data download, it becomes cumbersome and time-consuming.
Apart from this, if you are going to use this method, it is requested to consider its downsides.
1. The Google Takeout has a limitation on the backup operation. You can only execute 2-3 backups per day & up to seven in a week.
2. If you have an interruption in the internet connection during the download process, you have to execute all the steps again. Bit tedious and unreliable.
3. No availability of the “Date Range” filter. So you have to download all the emails from the selected folder no matter you need it or not.
Let’s understand the Google Takeout procedure to download all Gmail emails with attachments.
Step 1 – Open Google Takeout and input the Gmail credentials.
Step 2 – You can see a “Select data to include” option. Here, select the “Mail” option and click on Next.
Step 3 – Now, a new window opens “Choose file type, frequency & distribution”. No availability of the “Date Range” filter. So you have to download all the emails from the selected folder no matter you need it or not.
– Delivery Method:- This section gives you multiple modes to receive the downloaded email file. You need to select one option to continue the process.
– Frequency:- Basically, this section enables you how much time you need to export the email. It offers only two options. Opt first option, which is good for you.
• Export Once
• Export every 2 months for 1 year
– File Type & Size:- This section allows you to select the type of the resultant downloaded file. For this, you have two options – Zip & Tgz, choose anyone.
Besides, if you want to split your resultant file, there is an option to split the file into multiple consolidated files. There are numerous options-
• 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB, 10 GB and 50 GB
Step 4 – After you have selected the desired option, hit the “Create Export” button. After some time, your file gets ready to download.
Step 5 – Under the “Manage your exports” section. Next, you need to click on the “Download” button.
Step 6 – Go back to your Gmail account and check your Inbox. Here you have received the mail from Google. Open that mail and click on “Download Your Files”. By doing this, a file is downloaded into your system.
Step 7 – Locate the file on your local PC and extract the emails. The mail file is in MBOX file format. To view the mail attachment, you need to upload this MBOX file on a mbox-compatible mail client like Thunderbird.
Method 2 – Use Professional Utility to Download All Attachment From Gmail Email
If you are looking for a reliable solution to save a copy of your Gmail email, then it is good to skip Google Takeout. And go with a professional and automated software named as SysKare Gmail Email Backup.
It is an impeccable solution that saves Gmail email along with its attachment on your system. Moreover, unlike Google Takeout, you have multiple file formats in which you can export the data. It includes PST, MSG, EML, EMLX, MBOX, PDF, and more.
Saving a copy of Gmail email with attachment by this application protects you from data loss induced by potential malware attacks, human error, and sync errors. So, having a proper backup on your system enables users to effortlessly restore data to its original format in a few clicks.
Above all, it comprises “Date Range” filter, which is not available in Google Takeout. This feature allows the users to select a period and exclusively download the attachment from the Gmail email that lies within that.
Saving an extra copy of the Gmail attachment protects you from a disastrous data loss situation. Therefore, we have described the appropriate methods to achieve the same. So, choose the way that is suitable for you.