How to Import MBOX Files into Outlook : Step by Step
Today in this blog I will explain to you how to import MBOX files to Outlook? By using the best and free techniques with the help of professional solutions and manual methods.
As we know MBOX file formats are generally versatile file types usable by different email clients. The MBOX file type may only hold emails. There are about 20 email clients that accept it.
Unlike MS Outlook, it allows you to save emails, diaries, contacts, calendars, tasks, etc. So, most companies gravitate along with the view. MBOX clients prepare to view MBOX files in MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and older.
Before starting, the procedure let’s have a look at the reasons
Reasons to Transfer MBOX to MS Outlook
There are many reasons to transfer the MBOX files. Some reasons are mentioned below:
- The lack of a filtering system in Thunderbird has caused some MBOX clients to migrate to Outlook.
- Thunderbird lacks both a work plan and a calendar list, while Outlook has both features available.
- People who use Outlook can set up sophisticated rules to quickly manage their emails and process, something that is not possible with Thunderbird.
- Email protocols such as IMAP, SMTP, and POP3 are accessible in Thunderbird, but only through the use of an add-on.
Techniques to Move MBOX files to Outlook
Here are the two methods available for transferring an MBOX file to an Outlook account. Methods are described in detail below, step by step
A powerful and reliable solution for importing MBOX files into Microsoft Outlook, Syskare Batch MBOX to Outlook PST converter offers unparalleled performance. Users can quickly and easily convert MBOX files into Outlook PST files using this tool. Additionally, this software is equipped with sophisticated features that aid in the migration of MBOX files.
Let’s have a look at eye-catching features
Eye-Catching Features of the Tool
- This software is capable to convert multiple MBOX files at one time.
- Also, this software allows users to manage their converted data via subject, to, and from.
- This software can convert MBOX files to Outlook of all versions 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 & earlier versions.
- It keeps the MBOX data file structure. The software preserves email elements like sender/recipient information and subject lines.
- Individual or many MBOX files may be loaded for processing using this software, which makes it extremely simple to use.
How does this Software Work?
- Download and install the software on your device.
- Now choose the MBOX file which you want to import.
- Now all the data of the MBOX file will appear on the software’s panel.
- Click on the “Select Saving Option” and choose “PST” from the drop-down.
- Now browse the location to save the converted file.
- At the end click on the “Convert” icon to start the procedure.
Related Post: If you want to import MBOX files to your Gmail account, then visit our other blog. Here we described the complete procedure to convert MBOX files to Gmail.
Method: 2 Convert MBOX to Outlook Manually
We will demonstrate the manual method in this section; however, you should use this manual method at your own risk. In part, because manual methods of this nature are readily available on the internet as a result, this method is one of them Before using this technique, make sure you are aware of all of its limitations.
- Import MBOX to Outlook using email clients
- With Apple Mail
- By using Eudora
- With Outlook Express
- Import from Outlook Express to MS Outlook
MBOX to Outlook PST using email clients
With Apple Mail
- Open apple mail application.
- Now go to the file section and choose “Import Mailbox”.
- Next, choose the source of the MBOX file>> continue.
- Browse the location of the MBOX file and continue.
- Press on done when the procedure will be done.
By Using Eudora
- Select the file you want to import and add the MBOX file extension.
- Now select this file and transfer it to the Eudora dictionary (default destination C: Documents and Settings user >> Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora).
- Access into Eudora and click on the moved file.
With Outlook Express
- Open outlook express.
- Now select the file then import and messages.
- Select Eudora (from the list) and select “Next”.
- Select location>>(.MBOX)>>OK>>Next>>Next>>Finish.
You may utilize data locally
Import from Outlook Express to MS Outlook
- Access MS outlook.
- File>>import and export.
- After selecting import from “another file and folder,” click on the Next button.
- Then, choose Import Internet Mail and Addresses from the drop-down menu and press Next.
- Choose “Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, or window mail” from the drop-down menu. Continue by pressing the next button.
- Make a selection from the browser choice for the file you want to import and export, and then press next.
- After the procedure is finished, choose Finish to close the window.
Restrictions of Manual Methods
- When it comes to importing big or numerous MBOX files, manual techniques are not the best option.
- It is necessary to consider the possibility of email loss of data or damage when importing emails manually.
- Your emails may lose their characteristics, structure, and integrity as a result of this.
- Manual techniques are often seen as a time-consuming and perhaps dangerous option for non-technical users.
In conclusion, It is obvious from the above explanation that a manual technique that is time-consuming, laborious, and potentially dangerous cannot be the first option of a professional. A sophisticated and easy method to Import MBOX Files into Outlook is provided by the MBOX to PST converter, which is a specialized tool. A free edition of this tool is also downloadable, which may be used to evaluate the product’s overall performance.