How to Import Google Takeout to Another Google Account?
Overview: Now users can easily import Google Takeout to another Google account. In this write-up, we will show you the complete guide and step-by-step process to migrate complete Gmail data to a new account using both manual and professional techniques.
Google Takeout is a feature that Google offers to its customers that allows them to download the data stored in their Google account onto their computer systems. It can store emails, contacts, photographs, videos, and any other data items in the MBOX file format in a local place on your PC. When people want to Transfer Emails from One Gmail Account to Another, this is the approach they should use.
After you have successfully stored your account’s data, you will have difficulty importing that stuff into a new account of your own. In this post, let’s investigate every one of the potential remedies to import Google Takeout to another Google account.
How to Export Google Takeout Data?
First, we will show you how to export data using Google Takeout. All the steps are given below:
- Open Gmail on your device.
- And then hit on your profile icon and select the “Manage your Google Account” option.
- After that, select the “Data & Privacy” tab from the list to import Google Takeout to another Google account.
- And then scroll down and select the option “Download your Data” from the screen.
- Now a new screen will show and click on the “Deselect All” option from here.
- Next, select the required data from here and hit the “Next Step” option.
- After that, select the “Delivery Method” and “File Type & Size” from the screen.
- Lastly, select the “Create Report” button to import Google Takeout to another Google account.
After 15 to 20 days, you will get the complete data at the desired location in MBOX Format.
To import this MBOX Format into another account, we will take help from a third-party application, like Thunderbird email client which supports MBOX Format and also allow to set up another Gmail account.
Also Read: How to Export G Suite to PST File Format?
How to Import Google Takeout to Another Google Account Manually?
First, we will import exported MBOX File into the Thunderbird email client, and then we will connect the Google Takeout account into Thunderbird and upload Google Takeout to a new account. All the steps are mentioned below:
Preparations: if you have already downloaded the “ImportExportTools NG” Add-ons on your Thunderbird, then skip this part.
- Open a Thunderbird account.
- And hit the “ALT” button and select the “Add-ons and Themes” option from the drop-down.
- And then search “ImportExportTools NG” after that, select the “Add to Thunderbird” option from the screen.
Step 1: Import Exported Data into Thunderbird
- Click on the “ALT” button from the keyboard and select the “ImportExportTools NG” >> “Import MBOX File” option from the list.
- After that, select the “Import Directly One or More MBOX file” option to import Google Takeout to another Google account.
- Now browse the location, where your Google Takeout exported files are stored and hit the “Open” icon.
Now your Exported Google Takeout MBOX File is imported into the Thunderbird email client successfully. And now we will configure both accounts to import Google Takeout to another Google account.
Step 2: Configure Both Accounts
After Google’s new announcement that “Google Less Secure Apps shut down the service after May 30”, many users are facing authentication errors, while connecting Gmail accounts to third-party applications. To avoid this error must follow the mentioned steps:
- Open Thunderbird email client to import Google Takeout to another Google account.
- Now once again click on the “ALT” icon and choose the “Account Settings” option.
- After that, choose “Account options” and then “Add Mail Account” from the drop-down.
- Enter the name, Gmail address, and the created app password and hit the “Continue” icon.
- After that, set up the server details, and at last click on the “Done” icon to import Google Takeout to another Google account.
Step 3: Import Google Takeout to Another Google Account
After successfully configuring both accounts, now we will upload the MBOX File into the Gmail account.
- Select the MBOX file, which you want to import.
- Now right-click on it and select the “Copy To” option >> select a required folder and done.
Lastly, you will successfully and completely import Google Takeout to another Google account.
Problems users will face during the process
- It takes a lot of time and energy.
- Also, Thunderbird must be installed on your machine.
- Require high technical knowledge for this method.
Quickest Solution to Upload Google Takeout to a New Account
Manual methods have multiple limitations, that’s why users are not using these methods. they always take help from third-party tools. like Syskare Gmail Email Backup Tool and Syskare MBOX file Converter.
If you did not export the data using Google Takeout, then you should take help with od the Gmail Email backup tool. the software directly import Google Takeout to another Google account in just a few clicks. This software has multiple advanced features like users can import the data from multiple accounts at one time.
Also, the software allows users to bulk and selected email conversion. The software provides advanced filters to export specific data from the Google Takeout account. Some of the steps are mentioned below:
Important Note: Before using this software, you have to enable IMAP access and Generate an App password. Follow the steps which are mentioned in the manual method to import Google Takeout to another Google account.
- After downloading the software, enter the login details of your account like your email address, and generate an app password.
- After that, all the data will appear, select the needed data from here.
- Next, select “Gmail” from the select saving option.
- And entre the login details of new or another account details including email address and App password (also you have to generate the password for this account).
- In the end, hit the “Backup” icon to upload Google Takeout to new account.
Import exported Google Takeout Data
If you already export the complete data using Google Takeout as MBOX format, then you should take the help of the Syskare MBOX File Converter. the software can convert multiple MBOX files at one time. Also, the software allows users to import the data directly into another account. The software is all big size of MBOX files. Steps are mentioned below to know-how is the software works:
- Download and run the software.
- Then, upload the Google Takeout MBOX Files using the “Select Files” and “Select Folders” options.
- And then, select the required data from here, if you want, and hit the “Next” icon.
- After that, hit the “Select Saving Option” and choose “Gmail” from here.
- Now enter the Gmail email address and the generated app password rather than a normal password.
- Lastly, hit the “Convert” icon to import Google Takeout to another Google account.
Both software is safe and secure and comes with free demo versions. So, if any user has confusion and doubts, then they can easily download the software and see how does the software works. demo version of the software allows users to convert only 25 emails from each folder. Hope you find the article helpful.